Tax Form State Requirements
Our online ordering process recommends the tax forms that are right for you based on these important criteria:
- Software: If your software has a tax form module, you're ready to use EGP tax forms. Be sure to check if your software prints one-wide or two-wide forms. Not sure? Just give us a call for expert assistance. Don't have a tax form module with your software? Try our tax preparation software. It's a simple solution for processing W-2s and 1099s that can save you time and money!
- Printer: We offer tax forms for both continuous and laser printers.
- Number of parts: As you order, EGP will provide you with the number of parts you'll need based on your individual state's requirements. You may want to order additional parts to suit your accounting methods. Want to know more? See Below to find out about your State Requirements
- Tax Regulations: Our online ordering process is specially set up to offer tax form recommendations based on individual state requirements. If you'd like more in-depth information about tax forms and regulations, use this link to the IRS web site.
Here's all you need to know about the forms you need to match your state's tax form requirements, as well as how each copy is filed
Here are the number of tax form parts required by your state:
Certain cities in Alabama, Delaware, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio
and Pennsylvania require an 8-Part All-Purpose W-2 Form. Call your
state IRS office or your tax advisor for more information.
1099-Misc Parts Sequence Guide
The grid below explains the purpose of each part. EGP will recommend the number of parts based on your individual state's requirements, or you can check the State Requirement grid above. Note: you may wish to order additional parts for easier recordkeeping. Copy A - Filed with Payer's Federal Tax Return
Copy B - Filed with Recipient's Federal Tax Return
Copy C - Filed with Recipient's Federal Tax Return
Copy 1 - Filed with Recipient's State Tax Return (or extra copy)
Copy 2 - For Recipient's State Record
The grid below explains the purpose of each part. EGP will
recommend the number of parts based on your individual state's
requirements, or you can check the State Requirement grid above.
Note: you may wish to order additional parts for easier recordkeeping.
- Social Security Administration
Copy 1 - Filed with Employer's State/City or Local Tax Return
Copy B - Filed with Employee's Federal Tax Return
Copy C - For Employee's Personal File
Copy 2 - Filed with Employee's State/City or Local Tax Return
Copy D - For the Employer's Record (Also may be used as an extra Copy 1)
Are you filing via magnetic media? If you plan to file 250 or more Forms W-2, 1099, 104S, 5498, 6248, or W-2G, Federal copy A must be filed on magnetic media. That means you'll also need paper forms for those parts of a W-2 or 1099, which will be sent to the employee or payee. We can help! Our most popular magnetic media self-mailers feature a cover sheet which acts as an employer file or state copy. Inside the envelope are 3 or 4-inserts which act as the employee copies